Tuesday, June 13, 2017

KILLER FRANCHISE: FRIDAY THE 13TH 3-D

In celebration of my current obsession which has turned me into a 13 y/o boy Friday the 13th the game. I have decided to marathon my beloved childhood franchise of which I have grown up on. And with that I have decided to blog some reviews of them. So without further ado let's continue part 3 aka the one in 3-d where Jason gets his mask.


FRIDAY THE 13TH 3-D
Paramount
1982 Color
95 Mins.
Horror-Thriller
Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka, Catherine Parks, Gloria Charles, Jeffrey Rogers, Nick Savage and Larry Zerner
Written by Mark Kitrosser and Carol Watson
Directed by Steve Miner
Rated R for language, violence, gore, sexuality, nudity and drug use.


After a slight misstep with the sequel Part 3 goes another route and decides not to take itself all too seriously. There are moments in this film in which it feels like a straight out comedy. But the execution from Miner is what makes this entry work oh so well. As for the plot a young woman returns to her family's cabin trying to overcome the trauma of being attacked years ago. She of course brings her stoner, hornball friends and the violence ensues as Jason hunts them down. Let's see where do I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment