Friday, June 26, 2020

BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA (1992)


I saw this in theaters when I was twelve and it just blew me out of my seat and opened my young queer mind up to fantastical, set design, glorious costumes, dramatic performances, a wonderous score and very sexy and talented Gary Oldman. A more faithful adaptation of the classic novel than ever before. The film chronicles the tragic, grotesque and beautiful love story of Vlad the impaler and his live Mina whose been played by a stunning and passionate Winona Ryder. The film also stars a slightly goofy Keanu Reeves, Cary Elwes, Sadie Frost and a fierce Anthony Hopkins as Vam Helsing. Brilliantly creative, darkly romantic and dripping with seductive passion the film stands as near perfect and the best vampire masterpiece ever created.

Budget: $40m
Box Office: $215m

9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment