Wednesday, August 5, 2020

GET REAL


This was one of the first lgbtq movies I saw in my youth and it's my favorite in the subgenre. The story centers around Steven Carter a young man whose coming into his sexuality and discovering what he wants. In a chance encounter he ends up meeting the school's star soccer player at a secret meetup spot. And a romance begins. It has it's ups and downs like any other secret romance but the struggle is real. I had a little bit of a similar situation in high school so I really related to this. I found the movie funny and very genuine. The performances are strong across the board and it approaches the subject matter in a refreshing, engaging and unique way. It's a great film for really anyone whose felt like an outsider but especially for queer youth.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment