Thursday, July 2, 2020

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS

Considered by most to be the franchise's best sequel. I certainly agreed when I was younger, this is the film that made me obsessed with horror and Freddy. This was my childhood. I remember my dad taking me to see this with my cousins at a mall in Colorado and several times after that. Nancy played by a fierce Heather Lagenkamp returns to help a group of troubled teens suffering from the nightmares and being terrorized by the claw fingered boogeyman. The movie is solid all around. The feel of the film is dark with dreamlike cinematography, wonderous creativity, some awe inspiring practical effects and solid performances all around especially from a young, effective Patricia Arquette. This is the one that really launched the brand and was also the last one that was actually scary. It's truly a great horror movie but I just prefer the criminally underrated and brilliant new nightmare just by a smidge. A feisty Jennifer Rubin, Laurence Fishburne, Craig Wasson and John Saxon also star. The movie us of course ruled by an iconic performance from Robert Englund as our favorite monster.

Budget: $4.3M
Box Office: $44.79M

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment