Thursday, July 2, 2020

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (2003)

The original Chainsaw is my favorite horror film of all time. So when this was initially announced I really had no interest in seeing it, Especially after finding out Michael Bay was involved. Until that awesome sales trailer came out followed by what may be the best horror trailer ever released spliced with the songs Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil and Signal to Noise by Peter Gabriel. And when it finally came out I still went in quite cautiously besides the solid buzz. And when I walked I had witnessed one of the best horror remakes of all time. The film works as an uber polished pop version of the original with truly striking cinematography and solid performances all around especially from Jessica Biel who redefines what scared is in horror movies. The movie is a fast, intense, aggressive, stylish nightmarish horror ride with scenes that just stick to you long after it's over. Although it doesn't have the impact of the original or the high quality I'd be lying if I didn't say they truly did a fantastic job with the material proving they had reason to revisit it.

Budget: $9.5M
Box Office: $107M

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment