Thursday, July 2, 2020

MORTAL KOMBAT (1995)


This movie was such a huge part of my childhood. I remember my dad taking me and my friends to a matinee the theater went dark and the theme exploded in digital sound. What followed just blew my mind. Revisiting it now it obviously hasn't aged well. Its undoubtedly goofy, the special effects leave something to be desired and the performances are overly campy. That being said Paul W.S. Anderson future director of the Resident Evil franchise and also responsible for the underrated sci-fi epic Event Horizon directs the proceedings with a straightforward confidence celebrating the corny aspects and relishing in the video game world. Ultra stylish with a killer soundtrack and some great action sequences. Mortal Kombat is truly one of the best video game adaptations.

Budget: $18M
Box Office: $122.1M

8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment