Sunday, May 3, 2020

BEWARE! THE BLOB

This is undoubtedly one of the worst films I've ever seen. Being a fan of the original and remake I just had to check this out even though I never heard anyone really talk about it. The plot if you could consider it one has some of the blob defrost and start wreaking havoc on a town. The movie is sloppily put together and I read on wikipedia that most of the scenes were improvised. It's truly sad that made hardly any effort to update the material or add anything to what could have been a very lucrative franchise. This is most likely one of the big reasons not many showed up for the Superior 88 version. The special FX are dismal from red plastic paper made to look like the creature to close ups of jam and shadow effects. I would say it's entertaining in a guilty pleasure sort of way but honestly it's just hot cinematic garbage.

1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment