Sunday, May 10, 2020

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991)

I haven't revisited this much since I saw it as a kid. I remember my uncle took me to see it and I really liked it but just didn't understand it. Now as an adult I can fully comprehend what's happening and having seen thousands of movie since I can appreciate the quality. I've never read the book but the film feels so genuine in its approach just like its main character Clarice starling played by an amazingly vulnerable but strong Jodie Foster. Anthony Hopkins is also amazing in his role and so is Ted Levine. But it's more than that the screening and the way its adapted is unique and intriguing. There's not one moment that's not supremely engaging. Especially the cleverly written and brilliantly performed dialogue. Its without a doubt a perfect storm that makes this horror thriller an unforgettable cinematic masterpiece.

Budget: $19m
Domestic Box Office: $131m
Worldwide Box Office: $273m

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment