Sunday, December 1, 2019

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS HORROR DAY 1

For the month of December I have decided to revisit my fave subgenre of Holiday horror films. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas but I do love my horror movies. Because of that I like to ease into the holiday trauma. So I'll post a review for one terror flick each day until the fat man invades your house through your chimney.



SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT IV: THE INITIATION 

1990 90 Mins. Clint Howard, Reggie Bannister and Alyss Beasley star.
Directed by Brian Yunza (Re-animator) 
Rated R for strong language, violence, gore, sensuality and nudity.


WHAT... THE... FUCK... IS THIS MOVIE????? It's undoubtedly a sequel in name only to the slasher franchise. But this off the wall cinematic experience is one for the books. Having very little to do with the actual holiday Brian Yuzna of the Re-animator franchise spins this super feminist yarn of spontaneous combustion, a cult, gooey morphing body parts, gory stomach churning bugs and a cast of people delivering the most lackluster reactions well except for the main actress who goes for the top every chance she gets.


 I'd like to say it's all wonderfully entertaining in a guilty pleasure way but truth be told it's mostly bad with some insanely memorable moments. I do give the film props for trying something new and extra props for the feminist horror angle but some things are just never gonna work.


Rating= 5 killer Santas out of ten


No comments:

Post a Comment