Saturday, March 14, 2020

FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009)


When I first saw this movie I absolutely hated it. My expectations were on the high side. I loved the f13 franchise and was a big fan of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake which Marcus Nispel was also responsible for. So I thought to myself it was a sure bet especially with the mindset of how hard is it to execute one of these movies. Well apparently quite difficult because this disappointing dumb fest highlights all the things that brought the slasher to a close in the late 80s, Early 90s. And ontop of that he uses the same execution that he did in Chainsaw. It's very serious, drab cinematography and bleached film. All if those suited that film perfectly but here they feel very much out of place. F13 has always been fun and this revamp is anything but. In fact it's quite miserable, drawn out and lifeless. Derek Mears is fine as Hason but the film is nonsensical and 95% of the characters are really unlikable. The hot but bland Jared Padalecki and mousey Danielle Panabaker aside. Watching it now I hate it a little less but it's just not fun in any way, the kills are uninspired and the finale like the rest of the film is just plain stupid. *SPOILER* I mean after everything they go through with the cops on the way they push his body into the lake just for one last cheap jump scare, which sadly sums up the whole experience.

1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment