Tuesday, March 10, 2020

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII- THE NEW BLOOD

2020 MOVIE #128:

FRIDAY THE 13TH- THE NEW BLOOD

This is by far my favorite Friday flick. Maybe because it was the first I demanded to see in theaters at 9 y/o. Or maybe because it was secretly nicknamed "Frigay the 13th" because of the boys hooking up behind the scenes as well as 4 out gay actors which include Nick, the main hottie played by Kevin Spirtas ( After Forever) and the adorable William Butler (Leatherface texas chainsaw massacre 3). Or maybe I was just a sucker for the campy, superfun concept which finally gave Mr. Hockey mask some real competition in the form of Tina Shepeard played by Lar Par Lincoln (House 2) a fierce final girl with the powers of telekinesis. That's mostly it but I also feel like this is the one where I started to fall in love with Jason because the makeup is awe inspiring and is performed brilliantly by the wonderful Kane Hodder. No matter what it is, I absolutely love this slasher flick it's near perfect in my eyes and just so damn entertaining. Plus it has the best poster of the series and pretty much ever in my opinion.

4.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment