Sunday, March 15, 2020

PREDATOR (1987)


I really do like this film. It's taken me a while to have a better appreciation for it. I remember seeing it with Aliens on a double feature when I was 7. Aliens scared the crap out of me but i don't remember how I reacted to this film. For most of my young life macho stuff was pretty much thrusted down my throat by my father. It wasn't until later in life that I began to find an appreciation for it. Being an out gay man i can certainly appreciate how hunky Schwarzenegger and crew are but it's more than that. I love the brute force of this movie and how raw it is. It's big, it's dumb and it's silly and most of all it's unapologetic. The practical FX and gore are beyond amazing. The plot is pretty much a throwaway. It's pretty much our beast versus a beast from the stars. And on those simplistic limits it delivers a hell of a time.

Budget: $18m
Domestic Box Office: $60m
Worldwide Box Office: $98m

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment