Thursday, March 19, 2020

HAUSU (1977)


I'm surprised it took me so long to see this. I've always been curious and the stuff I've seen from it just looked bonkers. Well I had no idea what i was in for. But it's utterly brilliant. Japan's treatment on the haunted house formula teamed with the feeling of live action anime and just bizarre stuff is breath taking. It's literally the cinematic equivalent of a fever dream. I'm not sure what it's all about but basically a group of teens go to stay in a haunted house with a crazy cat and a witch I think and than it's just crazy. It took a while for the film to finally come over to the states even though it was a hit financially in Japan but I'm glad it did. I just wish I would have seen this masterpiece sooner.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment