Tuesday, March 10, 2020

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII- JASON TAKES MANHATTAN


I used to hate this movie, mostly because when I first saw it as a kid I thought Tina would be back and they would face off in the big apple. After forcing my dad to take me. What I got was a "watered" (no pun intended) down version of Jason as he faces off against the lamest group of victims which includes a young Kelly Hiu (Scorpion King, X2) for over an hour on a boat and than maybe twenty decent minutes in a ridiculous version of the Metropolis that's filled with canisters of toxic waste every where, people who just jump out and take you captive so they can drug and rape you and a sewer that unnecessarily floods with toxic juice at midnight. It's all pretty goofy but Hooder is still good as the masked maniac and makes the most of the underwritten fodder. So many years later I appreciate the flood of unintentional funnies but it still qualifies as a guilty pleasure.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment