Sunday, March 15, 2020

THE RAGE CARRIE 2 (1999)


So I saw this film in theaters when it was first released in 1999. Despite the overall quality of it, I really connected to it. I found Rachel played by the than unknown Emily Bergyl ( Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to be very relatable. And the whole love affair with football stud Jessie played by a sexy Jason London to be quite the tragedy like Romeo and Juliet. I was also obsessed with the finale look and even copied it into a boy version for Halloween that year. Also I was bullied alot in school and really liked how she got back at all the kids who tortured her. That being said watching it all these years later. I find it kind of lifetime moviesh. It's a bad film with decent performances and a super bad ass finale which has Rachel's tattoo growing into a sort of tribal vine that flows with her power. The religious stuff feels a little forced as does the Sue character which Amy Irving reprises. It doesn't come close to being anywhere near it's Superior predecessor but it doesn't feel completely unnecessary. I do feel like it was a decent effort to explore the teen angst of it's time period but none of the characters or storyline are fleshed out enough to be truly memorable. As it stands, it's a somewhat entertaining, overly mediocre genre flick of the 90s.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment